vrijdag 27 januari 2012

Full House Pip


Another Pip finished. I finished the top last year in September for Le Petite. It is my version of the Schnibbles Full House. Carrie, who designs the Schnibbles used this design for a pillow she made. And I have seen more people using this layout as their Full House version of this month's Another Year of Schnibbles.

Weer een Pip af! Vorig jaar september heb ik de top van deze quilt gemaakt voor Le Petite. Het is mijn versie van de Full House Schnibbles. Carrie heeft dit ontwerp gebruikt voor een kussenhoes. En, ik heb al gezien dat enkele mensen hun Full House Schnibble ook op een dergelijke manier gemaakt hebben voor de maand januari van Another Year of Schnibbles.



It's the first time I worked with a disappearing marker. It actually works very well. I was always a bit afraid, that the marker wouldn't go away, but that was false alarm. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should start learning Free Motion Quilting, because I just love straight lines!

Het is voor het eerst, dat ik met een verdwijnstift heb gewerkt. Ik vertrouwde het eigenlijk nooit. Maar, de lijnen verdwijnen daadwerkelijk als je ze met water nat maakt. Nu vraag ik me af of ik mezelf Free Motion Quilting zal aanleren. Ik vind rechte lijnen toch eigenlijk heel erg mooi!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x



With the scraps from my Designer Mystery BOM 2010, I decided to join the Half Square Triangle BOM. I am also using an extra charm pack that I still had. Just love those fabric colors!

Met de resten van de Designer Mystery BOM 2010 maak ik de Half Square Triangle BOM. Ik heb ook nog een extra charm pack. De kleuren blijven mooi!


x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x




And here are the first three blocks of the Designer Mystery BOM 2011. I have 5 more to go, to catch up, so next month I'll make three more. Then by the end of March I will be all up to date. I've already seen that I don't like one of the blocks. But I'll have to decide with my sister Adriënne, for whom I am making this quilt, if she agrees with me. I'm sure there are enough other 12.5" blocks to be found.

En hier zijn de eerste drie blokken van de Designer Mystery BOM 2011. Ik moet er nog 5 maken, zodat ik weer bij ben. Dus volgende maand opnieuw drie en eind maart ben ik dan helemaal bij. een van de blokken vind ik niet mooi. Maar, ik zal eerst met mijn zus Adriënne overleggen, voor wie ik deze quilt maak, of zij het met mij eens is. 


x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x




Tomorrow Laura will be back after 6 months, so I made this banner for her. The letters are from the fabric I used for the Full House quilt.
Right now Laura is flying for 16 hours to Frankfurt and from there she will be traveling to Aachen, where we will pick her up tomorrow morning at around 9.30 am. So happy to have her back, but I know she will miss Mexico and Costa Rica!

Morgen komt Laura weer na 6 maanden naar huis, dus heb ik deze banner gemaakt. De letters zijn van de stof van Full House.
Op dit moment zit Laura 16 uur in het vliegtuig naar Frankfurt. Van daaruit neemt ze de trein naar Aken, waar we haar rond 9.30 uur zullen afhalen. Ik ben zo blij dat ze terug is, maar ik weet dat ze Mexico en Costa Rica zal missen!



"When you live in reaction, you give your power away. Then you get to experience what you gave your power to." 

- N. Smith -


25 opmerkingen:

~Laurie~ zei

Oh, your work is so pretty- I love the color combinations you are using lately - so bright and cheery. You have a talent of putting colors together. Also, so glad that your Laura is coming home-your home will be full once again :)

Rena zei

Liebe Simone ,
dein Häuser Quilt ist superschön , gibt mir eine gute Inspiration für meine Häuschen ;o)))
Deine Mystery Blocks sind herrlich , so wunderschöne frische Farben .
Über deinen Willkommensgruß wird sich Laura riesig freuen und ihr seid sicher überglücklich , sie wieder zuhause zu haben . Ich wünsche euch ein ganz schönes Wochenende , zum Schlafen werdet ihr sicher vor viel Erzählen nicht kommen ;o)))
Eine wunderschöne, glückliche Zeit !
Melde mich nächste Woche noch bei dir
Herzliche Grüße
deine Rena

Abby and Stephanie zei

Such pretty little houses you've made with such happy colors. I can imagine how excited you'll be to have your daughter close again. Happy little houses quilt and a happy big house too, to welcome Laura.

Cattinka zei

Liebe Simone,
Dein Häuschenquilt ist super schön geworden und er inspiriert mich dazu etwas ähnliches aus meinen "building houses from scraps" Häuschen zu machen.
Für Morgen wünsch ich Dir alles Gute und eine schöne Familienzusammenkunft.
LG
KATRIN W.

Ulla zei

Pretty little house quilt! Have a lovely time with your daughter.

Terri zei

I love your little houses quilt. So pretty! And I think the straight lines are just right on it. Good Job!

Cath zei

I saw another version of your block made into a pillow in blogland. I think the design works really well in this way. Lovely piece!

A Spoonful Of Sugar zei

Another lovely finish Simone - you have had a very productive start to the year!

Glad to hear that Laura has had a fabulous experience in Sth America. Enjoy having her home:)

Valspierssews zei

You certainly have your quilts lined up and organised to finish. The little houses are lovely.

Satu zei

Simone, I'm so happy with you that you'll get Laura back home ;o) Happy moments to you all!!! Then I'm so happy that you did your version of 'Full House' last year and (if I'm right) you inspired Carrie to make it as pillow, which now gives me many pleasant moments :o) Your lovely blocks are giving more inspiration... so I'll go back to the sewing room...

Diana Schmitz / Quiltecke zei

Hallo Simone,
Deine Häuser sind toll geworden und auch den Rest finde ich super.
Wünsche Dir ein schönes Wochenende
Liebe Grüße
Diana

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries zei

Such lovely happy colours Simone...You must be soooo excited that Laura is nearly home...enjoy the Welcome...how beauitful it will all be xoxox

Leanne zei

Love the banner how nice to have your daughter home again. Lots of nice finishes you have been busy.

Terry zei

Your full house is just so pretty! I love all your blocks too! Well done! :0)

hetty zei

I love your Full House PIP. It turned out wonderfully! Your blocks are flawless. So pretty. Welcome home Laura! Has it already been 6 months?

Theresa zei

That's so pretty, love the fabrics you've used.

Shari zei

I love your little full house quilt. Very charming. And a big welcome home to Laura! Hope she's had a fabulous time. Certainly lots of stories to tell!

Sherri zei

Everthing is so gorgeous! I love that so many people are following your design ideas!

Sharon zei

Everything you do is so pretty!!!

Bev C zei

Hello Simone,

Beautiful projects and BOM blocks. Welcome home to Laura.
Enjoy.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Binsa zei

Welcome Home Laura, enjoyed seeing your projects Simone...Hugs O'faigh

Tracy zei

LOVELY banner, Simone! Hope your Laura had a safe trip home, and that you've all been enjoying the weekend all together. I admire your quilting so much, and especially your aesthetics for color/fabric choice--love all the candy-bright colors & white paired together! :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Carrie zei

Thank YOU for the inspiration! I loved your Full House quilt as soon as you made it, and it still makes me smile every time I see it.

Thank you!

Carrie P. zei

Love all your projects. I really like your house quilt.

Michele zei

This Full House version is lovely! I have to agree with you about the quilting! After years of doing free motion, straight line quilting looks really good to me right now. Great job!

back to top