maandag 27 april 2009

Such a lovely week!

Last week my former 4th and 5th grade teacher, Louise, visited us for several days. This was very special once again. As Louise said, "Years can pass between the time we see each other but doesn't matter at all." And that is how it felt.
We visited some typical places for this region, such as the Fluweelgrot in Valkenburg and the St. Gerlach chappel in Houtem. It was lovely weather that afternoon, that we were able to have a lunch outside at Chateau St. Gerlach. There were some other places I would have loved to visit with Louise, but somehow time just flew away too fast.

Here we are enjoying our 'pannekoek' with apple and raisins, a typical Dutch treat, which we had in at the Pannekoekenmolen in Gulpen.

Louise took the yearbook pictures with her of the classes in which she taught me. Here's a picture of my 5th grade class, with of course Louise as my teacher. Can you find me?


Since Jelly Rolls are so expensive in the Netherlands, I asked Louise to buy one for me. She actually brought me two: Snippets by American Jane and ...

Objects of Desire By Sandy Gervais. Such beauties! Wonderful colors and such a nice feeling. And as you can see in the first picture, she also got me a big roll of Freezer Paper, which we can't get here. Thank you so much Louise, for the wonderful visit and for the gorgeous presents!
She did bring me some more, but I will show that some other time ...


Luckily I was able to find some time to finish my last two stitchery BOMs, so I won't fall behind.


And here are the first five days of my new Calendar Quilt Challenge. Still have to catch up with yesterday.


Then this weekend there was the 'Lente in Limburgse Tuinen'. A few beautiful private gardens had open doors. We visited two gardens. One in Schinnen, where we visited Lijsterhof and the other one in Bemelen, where Lyd Gunning has a beautiful garden that blooms almost the whole year through. The weather was just perfect! And we enjoyed some home made lime tart and rhubarb cakes.

The tulips shown, actually have a special sweet odor. This is not usual for tulips.



I hope you all have a lovely week ahead of you, filled with happiness, friendship and sunshine!


PS: If you like to join a fun international swap, go to Sandra's blog. She is organizing a pincushion swap. Now that will be fun (O:

24 opmerkingen:

Amanda zei

Are you in the bottom row with the red skirt? How lovely to still be in touch with a teacher like that. What lovely jelly rolls, you'll have fun using those.

Jossie zei

Wat heb jij een heerlijke week achter de rug. Daarom was het zo stilletjes op je blog! Heel speciaal dat je nog zo'n goed contact hebt met je lerares.

Sew Useful Designs zei

Hi Simone!
Thank you for sharing your special moments! I too am friends with a school-teacher I had when I was five years old. She is friends with hundreds of her former students and I am amazed how she remembers us all!

Your stitcheries look beautiful and I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your scrummy jelly rolls! Talking of scrummy, your Danish treats just about made my mouth water! he he he..

Vikki :-)

Stina Blomgren zei

So you have had your visit by your friend now... I hope you had the best times..and what I see of the pictures and read..you sure had a wonderful time...
And Simone..I do not dare to guess...its a bit blurry... :o) Love to see how far into spring you have come and it sure looks pretty at your corner of the world...
Take care and enjoy spring!!

Abby and Stephanie zei

Love the old school photo. How wonderful to meet with your school teacher. I'm still in contact with my 5th grade teacher...through Christmas cards.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries zei

What a lovely happy post Lieve Simone!!! And so good you were able to have some finishes...very pretty gardens too. Everything looks such fun...and wow 2 jelly rolls...wonder what you will make from them?! Are you on the bottom right? You have a great week too ♥x

A Spoonful Of Sugar zei

How wonderful that you share such a lovely friendship with a former teacher! Love the thoughtful gifts she bought for you. I can't wait to see what you make with them.

Micki zei

How wonderful that you have such a lovely friendship...You obviously have wonderful memories. The jelly rolls are wonderful! Funny, I am putting a cherry blossom tree in our front lawn...I love the pink of the blossoms!
Micki

Anoniem zei

Wat geweldig om je oude juf nog eens te zien. Ik zou zeggen dat jij het meisje bent in de eerst rij met het rode rokje?!

Annelies zei

Leuk, zo'n ontmoeting met je oude juf.
Je stitcheries zien er mooi uit en ik zie dat je Challenge quilt ook een begin heeft.
Succes ermee.

Sherri zei

How wonderful to be able to get together with your former teacher! And lovely jelly roll fabrics this week as well! Guess what...I'm hoping to have my "Pay it Forward" gifts in the mail at the end of next week...almost finished!!!

Terry zei

Looks like you had a wonderful visit with your former teacher! And what lovely jelly rolls! I can't wait to see what you make with them! I would have to guess you are the girl in the middle of the front row with the pink top on. Her smile looks like yours! :0)

Jutta zei

Liebe Simone,
vielen Dank für dieses tolle Posting.
Einen so netten Besuch einer ehemaligen Lehrerin, die Jelly Rolls und Freezer Paper mitbringt hätte ich auch zu gerne ;-)
Das Foto im Lokal mit eurer Vorfreude auf den Pfannkuchen ist wirklich schön geworden ...... lecker und freundschaftlich zugleich.
Ich möchte mich nicht in die Nesseln setzen, deshalb tippe ich lieber nicht, welches der blonden Mädchen Simone ist .....
Deine neuen stitcheries sind sehr schön gestickt und auch schon gebügelt ;-) .... ach, wenn der Tag doch mehr Stunden haben könnte!
Und dein neues Projekt, wow, dafür bewundere ich dich.
Die privaten Gärten gefallen mir ebenfalls, Simone, dieses Posting ist von A - Z KLASSE!!!!!
Eine schöne Woche wünsche ich dir, ganz liebe Grüße, deine Jutta

Gaby zei

Da hattest Du ja ein wirklich wundervolles Wochenende liebe Simone- ich wünsche Dir noch ganz viele davon :o)Fleißig warst du auch wieder - schön sind Deine beiden BOM´s geworden. Ganz liebe Grüße und eine schöne Woche wünscht Dir Gaby

Kiwifruit-Shiree zei

Hi Simone, How wonderful catching up with Louise, that must have been so very special for you both,
have fun with your jelly roll..

Kiwifruit-Shiree zei

Hi Simone,
How lucky for you to be spending time with Louise, and how so very very special for you both,
I look forward to seeing what you do with your new jelly roll, have fun!

Messy Karen zei

thanks for sharing the old school pic. what a special time you had with your teacher. good job on keeping up with those bom's. there are so many wonderful ones out there. love your 365 fabric. i haven't started yet. and what a cute scissor stitchery. i haven't seen that one.

Unknown zei

Are you in the front row 3rd from right?

Allgäumädel zei

Liebe Simone, schön wenn Freude mit deinem lieben Besuch hattest. Die Mitbringsel sind ja auch nicht zu verachten :-))
Und fleißig warst du auch noch! Respekt.
LG Patricia

Anoniem zei

Hallo Lieve Simone, thank you for sharing your pics of sunshine and flowers...glad you had a special time with Louise......I will interested to see what you make with your Jelly Rolls.....Warm Regards Lyn

Jantine zei

I love the calender idea, but would like to think of a special moment to start it with, like a wedding anniversary...
What fun you must have had with your teacher. My favorite teacher passed away when I was about 11.

Leanne zei

I find it amazing that you still know your 5th grade teacher. I could not pick you out in the class photo. Lucky you I love Objects of Desire By Sandy Gervais. I have that Jelly roll also. I also love tulips they don't do well here.

LenoreNeverM♡re zei

That is so sweet... we are so blessed to have great & lovely teachers...they are the best! Thank you for sharing...
~Blessings as always*

Christine zei

Hi Simone. How lovely to spend time with your former teacher. (and what great gifts she brought you ... I LOVE jelly rolls.)Afraid I couldn't pick you out in in the school photo.

Your BOMS look great ... must catch up with mine soon.

Your blog looks terrific. I actually stumbled across Delightful Dots the other day ... seems like you can have 3 column blogs with their backgrounds.

Christine

back to top