zondag 28 augustus 2011

Bari's Sampler, Retro Nine Patch Paper Piecing and Baking




I finished Barí's Sampler and love it (o: Bari did a wonderful job in tutoring stitches and now she has a very good post on the basics on stitchery. Even if you're an experienced stitcher, should read it. I have learned some new things about threads.

Ik heb Bari's Sampler afgemaakt en ben er erg tevreden mee! Ze heeft veel tutorials voor bepaalde steken en nu heeft ze een post gemaakt over de beginselen van stitchery. Zelfs ervaren stitchers kunnen er iets nieuws leren!


I've been paper piecing this weekend. Some people who know me, know that I don't like paper piecing. But, I must say, I did enjoy making these baskets for the Retro Nine Patch quilt I am making which Lyn from Bluebird Quilts has designed. It's a very pretty and happy quilt. Thank you so much, Lyn for having shared this free pattern!

Mensen die mij een beetje kennen, weten dat ik paper piecing eigenlijk maar niet vind. Maar, ik moet zeggen, dat ik veel plezier had bij het maken van deze mandjes. Het zijn de mandjes voor de Retro Nine Patch quilt, ontworpen door Lyn van Bluebird Quilts. Heel erg bedankt, Lyn, voor het delen van dit gratis patroon!


These are labels made for Laura's suitcase and bags she took with her to Mexico (o:
Deze labels hangen aan Laura's koffer en tassen, die ze meegenomen heeft naar Mexico (o: 


The Lazy Lemon Pie that I found on Bev's blog. Easy and yummie!!!
De Lazy Lemon Pie, die ik op Bev's blog zag. Makkelijk en heerlijk!!! 


I wanted to bake something special for Thijme being home this Sunday (o: Lisa and Sarah have their weekly Weekend Baking at A Spoonful of Sugar. This weekend they had the best chocolate chip cookies, with only 65 grams of butter and 1 egg for ca. 20 large cookies. YUMMIE!

Ik wilde iets lekkers voor Thijme bakken, omdat hij zondag thuis was (o: Lisa en Sarah delen wekelijks Weekend Baking at A Spoonful of Sugar. Dit weekeinde hadden ze een recept voor chocolate cookies met slechts 65 gram boter en één ei voor ca. 20 grote koekjes. HEERLIJK!

"The first duty of love is to listen."
- Paul Tillich -

24 opmerkingen:

Sharon zei

The sampler is beautiful and I love those pretty basket blocks!
Baking in this house will resume as soon as the weather starts to cool. Those treats look yummy!

Jackie's Stitches zei

Simone, your sampler block is wonderful! I love the fabric you framed it with. It's so fresh looking. Your french knots came out perfectly - mine are always very wonky but thankfully I can avoid them!

How are you adjusting to both kids being away at university?

Gretchen zei

Your embroidery sampler is wonderful! I love how you stitched the sewing machine. Very cute basket blocks too.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries zei

Hello Simone...lovely new look to your blog!!! I will have to go and check out Bari...cool blocks you have made and now I will have to check Bev for that pie!!! Have a wonderful week...Dzintra

A Spoonful Of Sugar zei

What a busy week you have had Simone!Your embroidered sampler looks lovely. Gorgeous basket blocks in such sweet colours.

Dolores zei

Once again, wonderful projects. The sampler looks like it's a light purple colour. Is it? Whatever colour it is, I think it turned out very nicely.

Mary zei

The sampler is darling. I love the purple. I also like the basket blocks. I love paper piecing and love baskets. This one is great.

Beertje Zonn zei

Wat een leuke ampler en je blokken zien er ook mooi uit!

Groetjes, Beertje Zonn

Sarah zei

SImone... DO you sleep????

I am boggled with the amount of stuff you do!!!

I hope Thijme liked those yummy looking baking!!

Bev C zei

Hello Simone,

Oh that purple patchwork is so damn cute,just love it. You have been a busy girl. Glad to hear that Thijme was home. Love the new look blog. Happy days to you and your family.
Bev.xoxo

Nat Palaskas zei

It looks like a very productive week over here Simone. Thanks for sharing the chocolatechip recipe. It my week of backing I might try it - Hugs Nat

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) zei

Btw, just quietly, I'm with Sarah :)
You are amazing Simone...the stitcherie and thosr gorgeous baskets and bikkies for Thijme too.
Hugs, Sharon

Debbie zei

wow, you have alot going on! Good going for that paper piecing!

Ulla zei

The sampler is very pretty and perfect for a sewing room. I like your choice of colour and fabrics too. - The colourful labels are good for luggage. Your bakings look delicious.

Houseelf zei

What a beautiful sampler block in a gorgeous colour.

Your paper pieced baskets look so pretty. I could also see the blocks with applique flowers on. I'm sure I will have "never knowingly left well alone" on my grave. LOL

Yum delicious bakings. We love choc chip cookies here especially when they are a little gooey in the middle.

Just-Do zei

Het water loopt me al in de mond bij al het moois wat je gemaakt hebt; alsof dat nog niet genoeg is eindig je ook nog met mijn favoriete koekjes! Wat een heerlijke blog weer.

Anoniem zei

oh Simone your baking looks lovely and I love love love your new stitchery it's gorgeous!!!

hetty zei

Oh Yummy! And I don't mean just the pie and cookies. Your stitchery look delicious too as do the baskets. How did you paper piece those?

Heckety zei

Hello! I often see your name at Ulla's blog so I thought I would visit you! I love your embroidery and the paper piecing! I think I will have to find that Lemon pie recipe as I do like lemon tasting things...but does my waist need pie????

Valspierssews zei

Your stitch sampler is lovely. I have just discovered Bari's blog and found lots of stitchery patterns. Your little baskets are so pretty. I am just about ready to try some paper piecing. It does seem a bit fiddly. Seeing the bag tags you made makes me want to make some for myself. Maybe I will make some for presents too.
Seeing the Lazy Lemon Pie is going to make me skip right over to Bev's blog for the recipe. It looks yummy and I love anything with lemons and of course I love anything with chocolate so I will have to look for the cookie recipe too. Loved your post Simone :)

Abby and Stephanie zei

Your stitching is perfect. Love that polka dot border. So pretty in purple too. Laura is a lucky girl to have so many special and useful handmade goodies from her talented Mom. Now I need a piece of pie with my morning tea. :o)

Linda zei

Beautiful sampler! I'm loving those little baskets!!

Carrie P. zei

Love your sample stitchery. It looked like a lot of fun. I now subscribe to Bari's blog and she is so talented.

Oh, you have been busy with a new look for your blog and all those basket blocks. So cute.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sorry it took so long to reply back to your comments.

Always glad to hear from you.

Anoniem zei

oh I love love love bari's stitchery it is gorgeous!!!

back to top