zondag 3 oktober 2010

Autumn


Melanie and I have been working on another tablerunner. This time we used a pattern designed by Monica from Happy Zombie. These projects are made with a turnover pack. Easy, fast and fun!
The pattern was for one tablerunner, but it was to big for our table. That is why I decided to make two smaller ones.

Melanie en ik hebben opnieuw een tablerunner gemaakt. Dit keer hebben we het patroon van Monica gebruikt van Happy Zombie. Deze projecten zijn met een pakje turnovers gemaakt. Snel, makkelijk en leuk om te doen!
Eigenlijk was het patroon voor één tablerunner bestemd, maar dan zou die te groot zijn geworden voor onze tafel. Daarom heb ik er twee van gemaakt.



While I was looking in my stash for fabrics for the Virtual Euro Bee, I came across this lovely Halloween stash. It will be so much fun to work with this!

Terwijl ik tussen mijn lapjes aan het zoeken was voor de virtuele Euro Bee, ontdekte ik deze bundel. Wat zal het leuk zijn, om daarmee te werken. Een projectje heb ik al bedacht!



I wanted to share the wrapping paper, one of my cousins, Noor, made for my father's birthday. Is there anything happier, then self made wrapping paper by your grandchild?

Kijk eens naar dit cadeaupapier, dat een nichtje Noor voor mijn vader's verjaardag heeft gemaakt. Wat is er leuker, dan een pakje in papier te krijgen, dat je kleinkind heeft gemaakt?



Look at the lovely images I come across when taking my morning walks with Bibi. I just love those pictures of the fences. So creative and hardly to be seen if you don't look for them.

Moet je eens naar de schoonheid van de omgeving kijken, die ik tegenkom tijdens mijn ochtendwandelingen met Bibi. Vooral de foto's van de omheiningen bevallen me erg goed. Ze creatief en nauwelijks te zien, als je er niet op let.



This week I found this spider web early one morning in our garden. The loveliness of autumn!
Deze week vond ik op een ochtend deze spinnenweb in onze tuin. De schoonheid van het najaar!




"Realize that now, in this moment of time, you are creating.
You are creating your next moment. That is what's real."

- Sara Paddison

31 opmerkingen:

Terry zei

What pretty little runners! I love the colors! Love the Halloween fabrics too! Have fun with them! :0)

Dolores zei

It is amazing what you find if you only look. I love old fences too. That Hallowe'en fabric is wonderful. Have fun with it.
You are busy busy with all your stitching. Those are great table toppers.

Amanda zei

The table runners are lovely, just right for the autumn. It will be fun to see what you make with the Halloween fabrics; I'm making a pattern I found on the internet, my first Halloween decoration ever. Great wrapping paper; I always make my own too, but it's nothing like as joyous and abundant as that. And what a great photograph of a spider's web. I was looking at some in the garden the other day, beautiful with the sun shining on the dew drops, but I didn't have my camera to hand.

Gretchen zei

Wonderful photos!! Love the little quilts and the handmade wallpaper. I have a huge stash of Halloween fabric--enough for several quilts (probably bed sized! LOL!)

Gretchen zei

I meant wrapping paper! Did I saw wall paper??!!!?

Melanie zei

Wow they turned out really well Simone. Great work. Yes the wrapping paper is real art- almost a present in itself.

Love the happy pumpkins on the new/re-found fabric.

Amazing web photo. What a lovely walk you went on.

Will blog the runner in a sec- just taking pics off camera.

Jackie's Stitches zei

The spider web is beautiful and scary at the same time!

Great table runners! They remind me that I need to take out my fall table runner and use it. I've not seen the pattern that you used either. I need to subscribe to her blog.

I always enjoy the pictures of your walk. My favorite one is the top right - the winding trail through the woods!

Anoniem zei

Ik snap niet waar jij toch allemaal het stof vandaan haalt. Telkens weer is de stofjes leuk en past bijelkaar. Ben heel benieuwd wat je met de halloweenstofjes gaat doen.

Leanne zei

As your Autumn comes so does our spring it is such a nice day here today. I like your morning walk photos and webs are always fantastic covered with dew.

Marion B. zei

Wat een zalige stofjes heb je gebruikt, en zulk pakpapier, daar kan zelfs het kadootje niet tegenop. Zo lief.

Katrien zei

Wat mooi de tafellopers.
Benieuwd wat je gaat maken met de halloweenstofjes.

Bev C zei

Hello Simone,

I love the first table runner,it jumped right out to me. It reminded me of pumpkin pie!!! The wrapping paper is beautiful,maybe a little quilt could be made of the design.
Thanks for sharing the spider web, there is something special about them,mind you the spider I don't like so much.
Happy Autumn.
Bev.xoxo

Sew Useful Designs zei

Simone - my most favourite quote yet - how exciting to be reminded that right NOW we are creating!!!

I think the wrapping paper is gorgeous - I would imagine your father would cherish it equally as the gifts within!

Love the table runners - such beautiful fabrics... and your photos are idyllic - wish I could come for a walk with you and Bibi!!

Have a lovely day lieve Simone!
Hugs!!! Vikki x :-)

Jossie zei

Wat zijn de lopertjes weer leuk geworden Simone. Helemaal in de sfeer van nu. Passen perfect bij je wandelfoto's!

Nat Palaskas zei

Cute table runners. It's great to finished some project doesn't matter how small it is. I like the autumn colour - thanks for sharing the photos of your neighborhood too - Hugs Nat

Carrie P. zei

Very pretty table runners.
I remember when my kids were young we did our own paper too. It was fun.
Love the photo of the spider web.

hetty zei

Wow! You certainly manage to put a lot of different things into our posts! I love the autumn table runners. And the Halloween fabric is very cute! But mostly I love the spider web. I have had a few in my garden too and I love the way they look early in the morning, covered in dew. Old fences and winding paths are some of my favourites too.

Karen zei

Cute tablerunner and I look forward to seeing what you do with the Halloween stash.

Melody zei

Your photos are exquisite. Love the table runners too.

Melody zei

Your photos are exquisite. The table runners are gorgeous too.

Bobbie Lynn zei

Hello Simone,

Just wanted to say thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog. You have a wonderful blog yourself and just love the table runner that you have posted. The colors are beautiful and the design is very neat. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day.

Jutta zei

Liebe Simone,
wie kreativ du bist, wo nimmst du nur die Zeit dafür her? Wunderwunderschön ..... beide Tablerunner sind traumhaft schön, das Enkel-Geschenkpapier auch und die tollen Fotos vom Spaziergang ebenso.
Vielen Dank dafür, ganz liebe Grüße an dich, deine Jutts

Rena zei

Liebe Simone ,
da kann ich mich nur Jutta anschliessen und staunen !
die beiden Tischläufer gefallen mir ausgesprochen gut , sowie die herrlichen Fotos von eurem Spaziergang

liebe Grüße
Rena

Theresa zei

I love your runners - did you use Awesome? I just bought myself a little charm pack of that to make a table runner and it's gorgeous. Love your little halloween charm squares.

Days and colors zei

A beautiful table runner, loe the fabrics! And the photos from your walk, they are lovely, too.

Gaby zei

Liebe Simone, Deine beiden Tischläufer sind wunderbar und auch die tollen Herbstfotos -*dankeschön* für´s Zeigen ;O) Ein schönes & sonniges Herbstwochenende für Dich und Deine Lieben wünscht Dir von Herzen Gaby

A Spoonful Of Sugar zei

What lovely table runners Simone! It is always fun to have different table linen to celebrate the different seasons:)

Anoniem zei

OH wow I love all of your work!!What a fun blog post.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries zei

Oh Simone I love the table runner...such warm colours, they always appeal to me!!! The halloween stash is so nice and bright...and the spider's web is stunning!!! Dzintra♥x

posie blogs Jennie McClelland zei

Beautiful patchwork, gorgeous. Love Posie

HerzBlatt zei

Liebe Simone,
Deine Tischsets sind wunderschön herbstlich.....Ich mache auch gerade Elch-Sets.....
Deine Herbstimpressionen sind toll...ich liebe diese Stimmung im Wald auch sehr.....Die Steigerung ist nur noch ein Schneewald.....
Ich wünsche Dir noch einen schönen Sonntag
liebe Grüße
Iris

back to top