zondag 15 mei 2011

My dear friend Louise

This week my dear friend Louise from San José, California came to visit us. Louise was my fourth and fifth grade teacher and thanks to her, I decided to become a teacher.
Over the past three years we have seen each others every May! She was with us twice; we were with her last year. We hope to visit her again in November.
Here we are having a nice Café Latte and Cappuccino in Aachen, together with Ger.

Deze week was mijn lieve vriendin Louise uit San José, California er. Louise was mijn basisschool juf in de 4e en 5e klas (nu groep 6 en 7). Door haar ben ik juf van de basisschool geworden.
De afgelopen drie jaar hebben we elkaar steeds in mei gezien. Zij was twee keer bij on en vorig jaar waren wij bij haar.
Hier zijn we in Aken met een Café Latte en Cappuccino, in Aken, samen met Ger.




I was able to finish the quilt for Louise just on time.
De quilt voor Louise had ik op tijd klaar.



I started the stitching in January and I wonder if I would have finished so soon, if Louise had not come...

Zou de quilt af zijn geweest als Louise niet gekomen was ...



Another owl pincushion, this time for Louise's daughter.
Nog een uilen speldenkussen voor de dochter van Louise.



MAASEIK

Here we are enjoying a nice cup of coffee together with my parents on the market in the sun!

Hier zitten we samen met m'n ouders van een heerlijk kopje koffie te genieten op de markt van Maaseik.


Nearby there was this beautiful sculpture. You could open the books and each page showed a building on the market.

Hier een mooi beeld op de markt van Maaseik. De boeken konden worden geopend, met daarin een afbeelding van een van de gebouwen op de markt.





A lock.
Een slot.





'S-HERTOGENBOSCH

A part of the market and City Hall in the back.
Een deel van de markt en het stadhuis.



Our shadows.
Onze schaduw.





Jan de Groot, famous for its wonderful Bossche bollen. Here we met my oldest sister.

Zoals menigeen zal weten, is Jan de Groot beroemd voor zijn heerlijke Bossche bollen!
Hier hebben we samen met mijn oudste zus gegeten.



Bossche bollen - covered with chocolate, with sweet whipped cream inside. They are so very good! We took some home for Ger (who had to work) and Thijme (who had to study for his exams) and of course for the two of us (o:

Ik denk niet dat ik hoef uit te leggen wat een Bossche bol is... Voor Ger, die moest werken, Thijme, die voor zijn examens moest studeren en natuurlijk voor ons hadden een paar heerlijke bollen mee naar huis genomen (o:



A FRIEND IS A PRESENT WE GIVE OURSELF!

28 opmerkingen:

Annelies zei

What a nice picture of the two of you together !

Anoniem zei

Wat een mooie quilt heb je gemaakt. Het speldenkussentje is je goed gelukt. En zo te zien hebben jullie veel plezier gehad samen.

The Quilt Witches zei

Hoi Simone, was dat nu de typische juffenlook op de foto van jullie beiden? wel een mooie quilt voor de juf, zal ze heel blij mee zijn. Dankzij jou foto's ga ik zeker naar Maaseik ,wat een mooi kunstwerk, dat wil ik van dichtbij zien!

Gerda

Cattinka zei

How nice that you have your friend here for a visit. You made a beautiful quilt for her, and I also like the owl pincushion very much. I have seen that before on your blog and it is on my to do list ever since.
KATRIN W.

KaHolly zei

There's that precious owl pincushion that got us together!! I'm so glad I questioned you about that when I first found your blog. I just love the quilt you made your friend. It's just the right size to pack away in her suitcase for her return journey home. I'm so glad you had a wonderful visit! What a great place to pass the time. ~karen

Amanda zei

It's lovely that you have kept in touch with your old teacher through so many years, and great to see a photograph of you too.

Abby and Stephanie zei

What a very special friendship.

Dolores zei

What an enjoyable time you had. The quilt and pincushion are so extra special.

Leanne zei

Thank you for taking me for coffee with you I could almost taste those yummy treats. What a wonderful friendship.

Jossie zei

Wat hebben jullie het weer leuk met elkaar en veel gedaan. Gelukkig werkte het weer goed mee. Knap hoor, dat je het quiltje op tijd af had. Het is erg leuk geworden. Ohh, en dan die Bossche bollen.... ik moet nodig weer een keertje die kant op.

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) zei

Lieve Simone,
What a lovely post...looks like you have had a wonderful time with your friend. I hope Thijme does well in his exams.
Hugs, Sharon xoxox

Sarah zei

Ohhh those pics looked like such a lovely place. Glad you had fun : o )

Sew Useful Designs zei

Wow Simone - your energy is contagious! I love the pic of you with Louise - you both look so happy, and you have a beautiful smile! :-)

Thank you for sharing your day with us. Love the book sculpture and those amazing buildings! Also love the quilt and pincushion you made - toot cute!!! he he...

Hugs dear friend!

Vikki xoxoxoxo

Ulla zei

How nice to have your old teacher as a friend! Thank you for the interesting tour and the delicious Bossche bollen.

Rena zei

Liebe Simone ,
dein Quilt für Louise ist zauberhaft schön . Ja, manchmal ist es doch gut ,ein wenig Termindruck zu haben :o)))
Auch dein Eulen Nadelkissen ist entzückend , es steht bei mir ebenfalls auf der to-do-liste , Katrin und ich müssen doch mal wieder die Häkelnadel beiseite legen *g*

Viele liebe Grüße
Rena

hetty zei

How nice to have kept up your friendship with your teacher. The quilt you made for her turned out very nice. I remember when you were stitching it. And the pincushion is just too cute! I must make one of those. I think I had some of those 'balls' when I was in Germany a few years ago. Very decadent! Thanks again to you and your daughter for helping me to get my blog back!

Jutta zei

Juchuuu, ich kann wieder Kommentare hier bei dir schreiben !!!!
Liebe Simone, ich freue mich sehr, dass deine Freundin Louise dich besuchen konnte, der Quilt für sie ist zauberschön, ebenfalls das Eulen-Nadelkissen für ihre Tochter.
Aber auch die Ausflugs-Fotos gefallen mir, besonders das mit Louise und deinen Eltern.

Ganz liebe Grüße an dich,
deine Jutta ...... die gestern ihre Erdbeeren aus Stoff ausgepackt hat, du auch?

Grethe zei

Wonderful quilt for you friend, how nice to have your teacher friend visiting. Looks like you have a lovely time together,thanks for charing such good pictures with us:-)

Terry zei

Lovely picture of you and your friend! And what a pretty quilt you made for her! :0)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries zei

Oh Simone...how beautiful...I just love the European streets....buildings...cafes...I think I would fit in really well there ha ha!!! The quilt...wow, what can I say...sometimes when something has to be done it somehow does just that...Look how I got my Mother's one all done it time...Never did I dream that I would be able to do that!!! Have a cafe for me...and have fun with you precious Friend!!!

Carrie P. zei

My husband and I just passed through San Jose' today. That is so great your friend could come visit and you made her such a sweet quilt.

Bev C zei

Hello Simone,

So glad you were able to meet up with Louise and give her your quilt. Love the photo's of the buildings and especially that stunning sculpture. Happy days to you all.
Bev.xoxo

Anoniem zei

Hallo Lieve Simone, such a special time with Louise.....beautiful memory quilt....and loved seeing your photo's... Hugs Lyn

retdairyqueen zei

So nice to catch up with your friend and her quilt is lovely
I love the owl pincushion
How cute

Michele zei

How wonderful to have such a great friend and to keep up visiting so well! You made some lovely projects.....adorable owl pincushion :-) thanks for sharing your pictures. I really enjoy seeing different parts of the world through blogging friends :-)

Houseelf zei

That is so so special! I wish I ould tell some of my old teachers just how good they were. I just didn't know or have the words at the time.

It looks like you had some lovely days out. Your quilt is so special. Is it based on Corinthians? I am sure she will treasure it forever.

Love the owl pincushion too.

Jackie's Stitches zei

You and Louise look like you've had a grand time together! I really like the book sculpture where you can turn the pages - very interesting.

Wishing Thijme high scores on his exams!

Beeshebags zei

Hi there, I was sent one of the owl pincushions in a swap....they are fantastic....is there a pattern so I can make some please?

Hugs
Naomi

back to top