zondag 6 januari 2013

An UFO update already (o:

Yesteday I finally finished Ger's sampler quilt. It is the very first quilt I made him. He has already slept under it for several weeks, since it didn't have any pins sticking out. But now it is really all finished.
I must say, it is one of the favorites I made. Love the color combinations (even though these are not really my colors) and it feels nice and soft. Laura said: this is what I call a real quilt. When I asked her what she meant, she said it looks traditional and old. I agree with her.

Gisteren heb ik eindelijk de quilt van Ger afgemaakt. Het is de eerste quilt die ik voor hem gemaakt heb en hij is er erg blij mee. Hij sliep er al enkele weken onder, omdat er geen spelden en zo meer inzaten. Maar nu is die dan echt af.
Ik moet zeggen, het is een van mijn meest favoriete quilts, ook al zijn het niet mijn kleuren. Laura zei: dit is nu een echte quilt. Toen ik haar vroeg waarom, zei ze dat het er mooi traditioneel uitziet en oud. Ik ben het helemaal met haar eens.

 Hand quilted, which I really enjoyed doing. Without a ring and big stitches, which was a real challenge for me. I'll definitely do it again. Thank you, Gerrie (no blog) for showing me.

Met de hand gequilt en dat beviel me goed. Zonder ring en met grote steken, wat echt een uitdaging was. Dit doe ik zeker nog eens. Dank je, Gerrie (geen blog) me te laten zien hoe dit te doen.

 And I finished the binding yesterday too. When the weather gets better, I will make a picture of the whole quilt outside. But it is too wet too hang it against the wall outside.

En de bies heb ik er gisteren ook opgezet. Wanneer het weer beter wordt, zal ik buiten een foto van de gehele quilt maken. De schutting is veel te nat ...


And today I put the binding to Adriënne's and Thijme's quilt. I finished the quilting to Thijme's quilt yesterday. I am very very happy with it. Will show you once the whole quilt is done. It was to be one of my Olympic thimble challenges, but I didn't have the time to finish it. But, here it is. Yeah!

En vandaag heb ik de bies op de quilt van Adriënne en Thijme genaaid. De quilt van Thijme heb ik nu ook helemaal doorgequilt. Een hele uitdaging, maar ik ben er erg tevreden mee! Eigenlijk had het een Olympic thimble moeten opleveren, maar ik had niet genoeg tijd, de quilt af te maken. Hier is die dan toch - jippie!

*-*-*-*-*

To my dear readers: I am sorry I have not or hardly answered any of your comments. Ger and Thijme have been home over the past 3 weeks and somehow I can't find my rhythm then. Next week Laura will be home for a few days and the week after that, Thijme again. So I won't get into my rhythm for quite a while yet. I do enjoy reading all your comments very much and they always motivate me! Thank you so much!

Aan mijn lieve lezers: sorry, dat ik de afgelopen tijd niet of nauwelijks jullie commentaar heb beantwoord. Ger en Thijme zijn de afgelopen 3 weken thuis geweest en dan kom ik niet in mijn ritme. Volgende week heeft Laura een paar dagen vrij en de week daarop Thijme weer. Dus, voorlopig kom ik niet in mijn ritme. Ik ben wel altijd erg blij met jullie commentaar en het motiveert me iedere keer opnieuw. Bedankt!


*-*-*-*-*


“Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.” 




19 opmerkingen:

Dolores zei

It is a beautiful, traditional quilt. Good for you onthe hand quilting. Don't worry about the replies to comments - family comes first.

Jackie's Stitches zei

Wow - you're already getting some serious finishing DONE! Congratulations!

Enjoy your time with your family!

Terry zei

Ger's quilt is beautiful! I think it looks old fashioned too! Congratulations on getting it finished! :0)

hetty zei

Wow! A finish already. And it is a beauty! My rhythm is all akimbo too. But the holidays are over and tomorrow school starts again. On Tuesday Mimi is having the rest of her teeth out and I hope that in a few weeks everything will be back to normal.

Carrie P. zei

You are on a roll. Congrats on your finishes.

Ulla zei

The quilt is beautiful and very suitable for a man. Well done with a finish already! The next quilts look very promising too. You are quite right, family at home is wonderful but you hardly get any personal time.

Jossie zei

Hij is prachtig geworden Simone. In het echt zijn de kleuren nog veel mooier. Je bent het nieuwe jaar goed begonnen. Lekker gevoel dat je al zoveel hebt gedaan. Doe rustig aan nu je weer een full house hebt. En als je even stoom wilt afblazen ben je van harte welkomm.

Nat Palaskas zei

Well done Simone. It must a good feeling finishing a quilt. Happy recipient Ger - hugs Nat

Tracy zei

WONDERFUL finish, Simone! Such a lovely, traditional feel this has--so comfy & cozy! Such a good feeling to finish a long-term project...Well done, my friend! Happy Days with all your family at home. :o) ((HUGS))

Marion B. zei

Hoi Simone,

neem lekker de tijd en jouw reacties komen vanzelf weer.
Laura heeft gelijk, het ziet er inderdaad uit als een wat traditionele quilt, helemaal leuk.
Zal Ger heel blij mee zijn ;-)
fijne week.

Leanne zei

Lovely quilt and enjoy your family they are the most important thing.

Houseelf zei

Congratulations Simone! I can see why Ger is so pleased. Lovely finish. Good luck hand sewing the other 2 bindings.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries zei

I thoroughly agree with Laura Simone...a beautiful quilt. I too have hubby and daughter home and list my rhythm! Happy days at home!

Pa. thank you for your very thoughtful card!

Days and colors zei

It turned out so beautiful, I agree that it looks and feels like a "real quilt", it has a traditional flair with its colors and the handquilting. Congaratulations, Simone! It is a lovely treasure!

Binsa zei

Hello Simone, I love the colourway you have chosen for Ger's quilt....hugs lyn

Jenny Watson Blogs zei

I just want to say that these quilts are looking so attractive thank you very much for the sharing.

Custom Lapel Pins

Unknown zei

This Is A Time Of Digitization, We Offer You Programming
With Best PHP Programming It Is Best, It Is Cheapest,
We Are Introducing Now The New Techniques Of PHP Programming,
Viruses & Hacker Now Should Be Forget You Site
For Details Visi http://tinyurl.com/a9tr4o4

Unknown zei

So delighted to see you posting again. Wait for another nice one.

http://screenplatform.blogspot.com/
http://songgdownload.blogspot.com/

Unknown zei

This is great! I hope that you are Continue the good work. Thanks for your sharing …..
Bangla Funny Picture

back to top