zaterdag 31 oktober 2009

Schnibbles Cindy Lou Who, a win, post from Germany and another finish

Here is a picture of my finished Schnibbles quilt Cindy Lou Who. I don't often say this of my own work, but I think it turned our beautifully! I love the fabrics and the colors. It is too bad you can't see the binding well, but it is a different fabric again, pattern like the red one, but then purplish/pink. Laura was quite suprised that I actually finished this quilt with backing and binding. Guess she knows me, because she said: "You usually only finish the top ..."


A close-up.





A few weeks ago I won one of Dzintra's blogaversary prices. Happy Hearts, a gorgeous stitchery pattern by Hugs 'n kisses. Thank you my dear friend Dzintra for letting me win this wonderful stitchery!!! It is going to be a very pretty stitchery quilt or maybe a nice cushion (O: I will let you know!




And look what was waiting for me on Thursday when we came home late from our visit to Laura in Amsterdam. A wonderful package from Gaby with beautiful Christmas fabrics and ribbon, a sweet pincushion that I will put next to me on the sofa where I stitch almost every night, and a lovely pin (click on the photo and look at the top left corner). Also have a look at the lovely tag Gaby made for me and the card she added with a very dear message.
Thank you so very much, dear dear Gaby (O: You know how to make a tired girl happy (((O:







And this week I also finished my Christmas Wish Quilt. The picture does not do it right at all, but I was too late to make pictures by daylight. I guess I should do it on time next time, because the weather was perfect today for taking pictures outside.



Here is my seventh block for my second Christmas Wish Quilt, which I am making together with Melanie, Lyn and Karen. Only two more blocks to go!






This week I only managed to make one block for my Sampler Celebration Quilt. The other one arrived yesterday. Now I have four more to go.





"Experience will give you the power to share
and you need the strength to care.
Wherever you go,
grow and glow."
~Bhajan~

26 opmerkingen:

Micki zei

You have been very busy! Your quilts are just lovely!
You also got some wonderful gifts!
Micki

Terry zei

Everything looks wonderful Simone! Congratulation on getting your Christmas Wishes quilt finished! :0)

Unknown zei

You have been busy. I love the fabric in the Schnibbles... quilt. The busy fabrics make it so special.

Abby and Stephanie zei

You've been busy. Terrific colors you used on Cindy Lou Who. Beautiful giveaways. Congrats.

Nat Palaskas zei

The "Schnibbles Cindy Lou Who" quilt looks great and why not say it yourself!!! I like the fabric and the design goes very nicely together. Well done and congrats on winning that cute little Happy hearts pattern. Hugs Natima

Kiwifruit-Shiree zei

Hello Simone, I hope that you are having a really enjoyable and relaxing weekend. I love you Cindy Lou Who quilt, it is just is adorable. I have finished my Gail Pan Christmas Wish blocks, but not done anything with them yet, maybe this month's project to get finished. So good on you for doing 2. One will be a Christmas gift maybe? Have a great week,

Bev C zei

Hello Simone, Yes you are right that tag is just beautiful,Gaby has found just the right material for it. Good luck with your sewing.You have plenty to keep you busy. Have a lovely day Simone.

Anoniem zei

so much beautiful work Simone I don't know how you manage it and I want to thank you for the absolutely GORGEOUS postcards they arrived on Friday and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them thank you soooo much for thinking of me they are just perfect!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Jossie zei

Simone, wat is je Schnibbles quiltje een schatje geworden. En ik sta helemaal versteld van wat je deze week weer allemaal hebt gedaan. Je Christmas wish is ook al zo mooi geworden. En dan ben je ook nog zo verwend met met mooie cadeautjes en prijsjes. Je hebt echt een week met een gouden randje gehad.

Marianne zei

Wow, your Cindy Loo Who is beautiful and ALL finished to boot!

Yvonne aka sommeke zei

2 schitterende Affo's! M'n complimenten!

Cattinka zei

Wow your Schnibbles Quilt turned out great.... like everything you do!
KATRIN W.

Monika zei

Liebe Simone,
Du warst ja wieder richtig fleissig! Der Schnibbles Quilt ist ja niedlich geworden. Und Dein Christmas Wish ist ja auch schon fertig! Sehr schön! Ich bin immer noch dabei meinen zu quilten.

Ganz liebe Grüße
Monika

Gretchen zei

Fabulous Snibbles quilt! The binding is perfect!! You have gotten a lot of projects done :) I am way behind and just realized I better get busy because the holidays will be here soon.

Gaby zei

Liebe Simone, Dein Schnipples Wandbehang gefällt mir auch ausgesprochen gut. Aber auch Deine vielen anderen Dinge, welche Du diese Woche fertig gestellt hast sind einfach wieder traumhaft schön- Deine Stoffwahl ist immer ganz nach meinem Geschmack:o) Außerdem freue ich mich natürlich , daß ich Dir eine Freude mit den Stöffchen und den Beigaben machen konnte - ich wünsche Dir einen guten Wochenstart und alles, alles Liebe - Gaby ♥♥♥

Carrie zei

You've been very busy finishing so many beautiful projects!

I love your Cindy Lou quilt ~ the colors are beautiful and the purplish/pink binding is perfect. Good job!

an encourager zei

It's okay to brag about your quilt - IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

Leanne zei

Well done on the finishes they are both lovely.

Ariane zei

I love your Cindy Lou Who quilt. Your Christmas Wish quilt is also beautiful. Thanks for sharing your wonderful projects.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries zei

Ah that's better Simone...everything seems to be working now!!! Great Schnibbles quilt you have there Girlfriend...you achieve so much!!! Glad that Happy Hearts got there safely to you...Have fun♥x

Anoniem zei

What a cute quilt you finished. Aww what a sweet present from a friend too. Lovely thing to come home to. Well done with your delight block. Just 2 left. :-)

HerzBlatt zei

WOW!!!I don`t know what to admire first...Your quilt is absolutly fantastic!!! I love the colours....everything!!
Your Christmas Wish Quilt is wonderful, too.....lovely... the red and green colour.....
And please tell me, where you get these absolutly great stars for the Sampler celebration Quilt from!!!
I love them all...one is nicer than the other!! And because I love stars, I would be very happy to know where to get them.....
Did I tell you that I grew up not far away from Aix-la-Chapelle???
I know this city like the back of my hand....
Best wishes for my very creative friend
Your Herzblatt
Iris

Jackie's Stitches zei

Simone, your quilting and stitching is always so gorgeous!

Jutta zei

Hallo liebe Simone,
oh, dein Schnibbles Quilt gefällt mir sehr, wunderbare Stoffe hast du ausgesucht, ein fröhliches Schmuckstück !!!!!
Du bist ein Glückskind, du gewinnst so schöne Sachen, ich freue mich mit dir.
Dein Christmas Wish sieht sehr, sehr "edel" aus, wunderwunderschön !!!!
Vielen Dank für dieses Posting, liebe Grüße aus Berlin, deine Jutta

A Spoonful Of Sugar zei

Your Cindy Lou quilt is amazing SImone - love the cheerful colours and design. Have a great weekend, Lisa

happy zombie zei

I can't believe how much you get done, Simone! And oh so cute is the Schnibbles quilt!

back to top