woensdag 31 maart 2010

Roundabout Schnibbles


I finished the Roundabout Schnibbles top just in time for the Schnibbles parade at Sherri's and Sinta's blog. Please have a look there to see all the other Schnibbles made with this pattern.
It was lots of fun once again, to make one of Miss Rosie's quilts. She does such a wonderful job in describing how to make it. If you haven't made one yet, you should really try once!

For this Schnibbles I used the range Love U by Deb Strain for moda. If you look here, you will see that the colors are much better than shown here. The weather was bad )o:


Ik ben net op tijd klaar met mijn Roundabout Schnibbles top om mee te kunnen doen met de Schnibbles parade op Sherri's en Sinta's blog. Neem daar eens een kijkje, om te zien wat anderen met dit patroon gedaan hebben. Het was opnieuw er leuk een patroon van Miss Rosie te maken! Haar beschrijvingen zijn er duidelijk en iedere keer is het resultaat weer verrassend. Je zou het echt eens moeten proberen!

Voor deze Schnibbles heb ik stofjes van Love U van Deb Strain voor moda gebruikt. Wanneer je hier een kijkje neemt, zul je zien dat de kleuren nog mooier zijn. Het weer was slecht, toen ik de foto's nam )o:


Here is a close up.

Hier een detailfoto.


Now, I was wondering which of the two fabrics I should used for the binding. I think it should be the right one, because the pink is too bright.

Welk stofje zal ik voor de omranding gebruiken? Ik denk dat ik voor de rechter ga, want de roze is toch wat te fel.



"We must combine the toughness of the serpent with the softness of the dove, a tough mind and a tender heart."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

32 opmerkingen:

hetty zei

I love your Schnibbles! I would go for the bright binding, but I love bright! For a softer touch the light fabric is better.

Grethe zei

Great fabric,very nice.The colours come out real sharp when I enlarge the picture. Agree with you,right side binding is best,the other one has too much colour.And gosh, you have been very activ for OPAM in March.
Happy Quilting.

Stina Blomgren zei

Love it.. you picked the nicest of fabrics..:o) Pretty!! :o)

Unknown zei

What a lovely fresh Spring quilt, yes the one on the right isn't too distracting from the main quilt.

ria vogelzang zei

Love your Schnibbles!! A real beauty!
I also think the right binding looks the best.
Have fun!

Béa zei

Very beautiful choice of fabrics. I prefer the pink border !

Jantine zei

Wat een schitterende kleuren! Helemaal genieten.

Cattinka zei

Your quilt is very nice, I don´t think the pink would be too busy for the binding, but I would still prefere the lighter fabric on the right side. What ever you choose it will be pretty.
KATRIN W.

Diana Schmitz / Quiltecke zei

Hallo Simone,
da warst Du ja mal wieder fleißig...
Wünsche Dir ein schönes Osterfest
Liebe Grüße
Diana

Terry zei

Love your Schnibbles! I actually prefer the pink on the left side. I know it's bright but it seems to pull the whole quilt together. Have fun finishing it! :0)

simplestitches zei

hi Simone,
beautiful quilt...very Springlike.
I think the pink is a bit distracting, so it's the lighter one for me....whatever you decide will look great I'm sure.
Julz

Sinta Renee zei

Simone Your Roundabout is darling! I love your fabrics... so cheerful!

Abby and Stephanie zei

What a fun and happy quilt. You can use whatever you want for the binding but I'm loving the bright pink.

Jackie's Stitches zei

Simone, it's gorgeous! I like both bindings...whatever you pick will be fantastic. I always love your Schnibbles!

Unknown zei

Love this schnibbles!! Beautiful job! I think you are right about the binding. Use the one on the right for sure.

Peg - Happy In Quilting zei

I really have to make one of these...that is just so beautiful I like the pink for the bind...well done on all your March Finishes...Peg OPAM 2010

maria zei

Lovely quilt. I really like the fabrics you've used. I think I'm in the minority as I prefer the pink. You are only going to see a small amount of it and it frames the quilt better in my opinion.

Anoniem zei

I would do another white border and then the bright one as a binding.

Love that range of fabrics- owls trees and gorgeousness. Fab job Simone.

Daniëlle zei

It's a spring quilt!!! Would use the right fabric. Nice day, Daniëlle

Darlene zei

Very cute, Simone! I keep looking at that fabric but can't decide what I would do with it. LOL

Gaby zei

Und wieder ist was Wunderschönes bei Dir entstanden liebe Simone- ich wünsche Dir ein frohes Osterfest und gaaaanz liebe Grüße- Gaby :O)

Alicia zei

Looks great! I am working on another schnibble with this fabric....

Kerstin zei

Wonderful!

Oddbjørg zei

Your Roundabout Snibble quilt top looks great.
Happy Easter!

Unknown zei

Yes the one on the right.

Marianne zei

You did a great job! I like the bright binding, the one on the right is too light.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) zei

Beautiful!

an encourager zei

OOOOOOOOh - SO FUN AND EASTERY!!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar zei

What a fresh and pretty quilt! It will be a great finish for spring. I bet it makes you smile working with such sweet fabric.

Jossie zei

Wat een leuk quiltje Simone en mooi op tijd klaar! Met dit patroontje kun je heerlijk spelen met stofjes. Ik heb er ooit een LQL van gemaakt. Zag er heel anders uit.

Bev C zei

Hello Simone. Such a pretty quilt. Love the fabric choices. I agree with you about the binding. Good luck with finishing it off. Happy quilting.
Bev.xoxox

Renee zei

it's gorgeous - well done! I love that range of fabric too - I have 2 charm packs of it just waiting to be turned into a coin quilt!

back to top